In this tutorial, we will look at how to clear virtual memory when the PC shuts down.
As a default setting in the group policy setting, “Clear virtual memory pagefile when system shuts down” is turned off.
You just have to follow the following procedures for the windows vista and later versions. See the steps below:
- Click the start button, and type “secpol.msc” (without quotes) and press enter.
- (you can also press the windows key and r and type “secpol.msc” without quotes).
- Expand the “Local Policies” tab.
- Click the “security options” link
- Scroll down the navigation list on the right side, and look for “Shutdown : clear virtual memory pagefile”
- Double-click on the file to open options.
- On the pop up settings, check the “enabled” option, and click apply.
After this, click okay, and you are set to go.
This will ensure that the virtual memory is cleared upon shutdown ,and will reduce the chances of your computer becoming slow.
For more tutorials, follow our blog, like us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter.