IN this tutorial, we will look at how to create a voucher type in Tally. By default, there are some voucher types that are always there when you create a company file in Tally. These include : Contra, Credit note, Journal,Payment etc.
Suppose you want to create additional voucher types e.g. petty-cash payment. Then this is the process:
- Go to the gateway of Tally after opening your company file.
- Click on Accounts Info, and open it
- Under Accounts Info menu, select Voucher Types and open
- Select Create on the menu that opens up.
The sections that need to be filled are as follows:
- Name – this is the name of the voucher type e.g. Cheque Payment
- Type – this is the group of the voucher e.g. for cheque payment, the type is payment.
- Abbr- this is the short form of the voucher that you are creating e.g. chq for Cheque payment
- Method of voucher numbering – you can either choose to number your entries manually (by selecting Manual) or you can let the system do the numbering for you (by selecting Automatic).
- The other fields are optional, they depend on your company file requirements
- Printing – You can choose to print the voucher after entry, under printing, select the option as Yes under printing