Today we will look at the easiest way to navigate the windows registry.
The procedure may seem so trivial, yet navigating the registry has been quite tough for some people, especially when they want to add/remove/modify the registry keys and/or values.
This is a super-simple procedure, as it just involves using the search function.
Caution: Only edit the windows registry when you are sure of what you are doing. Messing registry keys/values may lead to system instability or even crash.
Assuming you have just found a key that needs deletion in the registry for your computer to function!
But the question is, how do you locate the key?
- Just click on the start button and type “regedit”, without the quotes and press enter.
- You will get a prompt to run “regedit” as an administrator. Just click on “Yes” to continue.
- Once the registry window opens, go to the menu bar. Under “edit” click the “Find ” link. This will open the search window.
- Now all you have to do is just type the key or value that you are looking for and click on “find next”
- (You can also access the search function by pressing the “ctrl key” and letter “f” at the same time, while in the registry.)
- In this way, you will locate your key without having to go through the long and at times confusing registry procedures and paths.
- That’s it.
To stay updated, like our Facebook page, or follow us on Twitter.