In this tutorial, I will show you how to retrieve hidden files in a flash drive or pendrive.
Usually, files may be hidden by a virus ,malware or any other interference.
Most times, when a file is hidden by a virus/malware, it’s not possible to retrieve it by simply checking the option of “show hidden files” as provided in windows.
NB: Always type the commands/instructions given without quotes, unless indicated explicitly that you should do so.
Let’s look at how you can recover these files another way.
- Click the “start” button, and then click on “run”. (alternatively, press the “windows key” and the letter “R” together)
- Type “cmd” and press enter, or okay.
Now you need to know the letter representing your flash drive/ pendrive.
- To know the letter of your drive, go to the windows explorer, and click on “My computer/This PC”.
- You should see all the drives attached to your pc, including your flash drive/pendrive.
- Once you know the device letter, type the following command in the “cmd”.
- Assuming your flash drive letter is represented by letter “g”, then type the command below:
- Attrib –g –r –s/s/d g:\*.*
Now all your files including the hidden files will be available and visible.
Remember to replace “g” with he actual letter of your flash drive/pendrive.
Like us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter, to stay updated with the latest.